The practice is made up of a team of people whose prime objective is to ensure the delivery of a high standard of patient care. If we are to achieve these standards we need your help and co-operation. We will guarantee you certain rights but alongside this go your responsibilities.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment let us know as soon as possible.
- Please try to arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late we cannot guarantee to see you within our agreed waiting limits.
- Please treat the doctors and staff with the respect and courtesy which you may expect to receive yourself. We are here to help you but may need information from you to enable us to offer you the most appropriate care.
- Please telephone the surgery to make an appointment. If you arrive at the surgery without an appointment we may not be able to see you and this will cause inconvenience to your self and other patients.
- All appointments are arranged to cover one consultation. Please make a separate appointment for each person who wishes to see the doctor.
- Please notify the receptionist if you change your name, address and telephone/mobile number.
- Please request a home visit between 8.30 and 10am if possible and only when the patient is too ill to attend surgery. Remember, if you can bring the patient to he surgery they will be seen quicker and can be started on any necessary treatment.
- The doctor is here to give you treatment and advice. It is important that you understand the information given to you. If you are unsure about your treatment please ask for more information.
- Although the doctors will seek to see you within a reasonable time when you attend surgery please be patient if an emergency situation arises and you are delayed.
- The practice will strive to maintain the range and quality of service provided to our patients.
- Patients will be treated as individuals and will be shown courtesy and respect at all times.
- Information concerning patients will be treated in strictest confidence by all members of the practice team.
- All members of staff will work to strict guidelines and be aware of the boundaries within which they must operate.
- Patients will receive the care most appropriate to their needs from suitably qualified people. No care or treatment will be given without the patient's informed consent.
- Patients with an urgent problem will be seen by a practitioner the same day.
- Patients will be given an appointment with the practice nurse within three working days for a general clinic and within two weeks for a health screening clinic.
- Patients should normally expect to be seen within 20 minutes of their appointment time.
- Patients will be given an explanation if their appointment is delayed.
- The telephone will be answered promptly.
- Patients will be kept informed of the services offered by the practice through practice leaflets and patient newsletters.
- Periodic surveys will be conducted to ascertain the level of patient satisfaction with the services provided by the practice and the hospital.
- Patients will be provided with information about how to make suggestions or complaints about the care provided by the practice. We welcome constructive criticism.