Skip to main content

How to register

If you live within our practice area you are welcome to register with us and our reception staff will be happy to guide you through the procedure. Eligibility can be quickly confirmed from your address so please provide proof by way of a recent utility bill. We also require one form of photographic ID.

There may be a waiting list for new patients who already have a GP in the area as we need to give priority to those who do not have local GP services.

You will need to complete a registration form (GMS1) and a health questionnaire which will provide useful information whilst we wait for your medical records to arrive from your previous doctor.

As a new patient, if you are aged 12 or over you will be offered a health check with a member of the healthcare team.

The practice will be responsible for your medical treatment from the date of your registration.

Practice area

We accept patients who live in Grimsby, Cleethorpes, Humberston, Waltham, and New Waltham.

Temporary registration

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. If you need treatment for more than 14 days, you will need to register with the GP surgery on a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Many patients find they need to see an emergency doctor when away from home for medications - in these cases it is always worthwhile contacting your own GP practice first as electronic prescribing services (EPS) allows you to nominate a pharmacy of choice anywhere in England.

Further information about registering for emergency or temporary care can be found on the NHS website.